Maine Medical Center
Manager – Health Information Operations
Maine Medical Center
Full-Time, Day Shift
Maine Medical Center has an exciting opportunity for a Manager to join their Health Information Operations team. This position manages and directly supervises the work of the team leaders and the employees involved in chart processing, analysis, chart completion, medical transcription, and release of patient information across campuses. The Manager is responsible for the planning, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures for these functions to effectively meet user and organization needs. Work is performed independently and is reviewed by the Director of Health Information Management through observation and discussion of results achieved.
- 3-5 years of supervisory responsibility
- Minimum of 3 5 years’ experience in a health information department
- Thorough knowledge of State, Federal and JCAHO requirements relating to Health Information access, use and disclosure, and clinical documentation standards including knowledge of HIPAA and other privacy standards.
- RHIT or RHIA credentials or willingness and ability to obtain such credentialing within 24 months of hire.
- Full knowledge of all aspects of a medical record department operations, pertinent to chart completion, records processing, scanning, release of information (including billing, collecting, and processing fees), and medical transcription.
You’ll love the comprehensive benefits that MMC offers – including pet insurance, cell phone discounts, tuition reimbursement, and our Employee Discount Program, “Perks Connect”.
About Maine Medical Center:
Maine Medical Center is a complete healthcare resource for the people of greater Portland, the entire state of Maine and Northern New England. With a history dating back to 1864, Maine Medical Center is the state’s largest medical center and the flagship facility of MaineHealth, with 637 beds and more than 7,000 employees. In addition, we have achieved Magnet™ status in recognition of our commitment to the highest standards of nursing excellence. Maine Medical Center’s unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the state’s only medical school, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
Inside and out, you’ll find what you’re looking for when you join Maine Medical Center. As the largest hospital in northern New England, MMC is committed to helping you grow professionally throughout your career. From tuition assistance and scholarships, to ongoing education, leadership training, mentoring and promotion opportunities, we offer the resources you need to achieve your career goals.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Instructions for Resume Submission: